Online Banking Help
The Internet Banking service includes a number of features, some of the most common features you will use are described below. These features provide you with the latest conveniences in online banking while keeping your information secure. The security architecture for this system allows you to access your account information via the Internet without having your primary records on the Internet. Your records are accessed via a private communications line, much like an ATM transaction. Also, the Internet Account Access system utilizes the latest encryption and authentication technology to further protect your privacy.
Internet Banking Common Terminology
In order to provide you with consistent instructions, we have incorporated some generic terms in our system documentation:
Financial Institution - a bank, thrift, or credit union.
Login ID - the unique identifier you use access Internet Banking. This ID may also be referred to on screen as your customer number, member number, alternate ID, or user ID.
Password (PIN) - the personal code used to login to Internet Banking.
In addition, since some of the content and navigational flow of the Internet Banking system is customizable, the instructions for a feature may include steps that are not required for your Internet Banking session. Whenever possible, these additional or optional steps are noted.
Viewing Your Account Information
The Account Summary screen shows up-to-the-minute balance information on your deposit, loan, and investment accounts.
- To view detailed account activity, including deposits, withdrawals, and transfers, just click on the corresponding account title, you will then access the Account Detail and Account History screens.
- To return to your Account Summary, click on the Account Summary option.
You may transfer funds between your accounts by using the Account Transfer feature.
- To make a transfer, click on the Account Transfer option.
- Enter the dollar amount that you would like to transfer, then select the From and To accounts from the appropriate drop-down lists.
- Click Transfer Funds to initiate the transfer or, alternatively, you may clear all fields and put in new information, or simply go to another screen without clicking Transfer Funds.
- Once you have clicked Transfer Funds, you will be prompted to confirm the transfer prior to actually completing the transaction. Review the transfer information presented on-screen and click Process Transfer to complete the process. You may still cancel the transfer at this time by clicking Cancel Transfer.
Your transfer will take place immediately, provided there are no holds on your accounts and the funds are available for transfer. If you are making the transfer outside of normal business hours, then the transfer will be posted on the following business day. A Transaction Results page will be shown after you process the transfer. This page will show the post date as well as the previous and new balances in both accounts. A reference number will also be shown on this page. We recommend that you print this page for your records.
Download Account Information
Our File Export facility allows you to download account information to be imported into Personal Financial Management (PFM) software, including Intuits Quicken™ and Microsoft Money™.
There are two ways to download these files to your PC:
- Click on the Export option at the bottom of the Account History screen. This will download the data for the account and date range shown on the screen.
- Click on the Download menu option. When you choose the Download option, the Account Export Screen appears. Choose the appropriate account from the drop-down box and fill in the date range for the data that you would like to download, then click Download. Your transaction data will be downloaded to your PC.
Personalize Your Internet Banking Session
The User Options service enables you to alter how you experience your Internet Banking session. Features found within User Options include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Change Password - Allows you to change passwords (PIN).
- Change Timeout - Choose 5, 10, 20, 45, or 60 minutes for timeout features.
- Email Address - You may use this feature to change your email address.
- Change Start Up Page - This feature is used to change the start page upon entry into Internet Banking. Startup choices are; Access Account, Stock Quotes, User Options, etc.
To change the password (or PIN), click on the Change Password (or PIN) link. You will be prompted to enter your current information once and then your new password (or PIN) twice. Like all passwords, it is important to keep your Internet Banking login information confidential. If you forget your password (or PIN), you must contact your financial institution to receive a new one.
Session Timeout Duration
The Session Timeout feature prevents others from accessing your accounts in case you leave your computer unattended. The system simply "logs you out" after a given period of inactivity. This period of inactivity is called the session timeout. If your session times out, you will be advised that the system has timed out and you will be required to log in again.The Timeout feature allows you to choose the Timeout period for your account.
- To set the Timeout, simply choose the appropriate number of minutes from the drop-down box and then click Change Timeout Period.
This feature allows you to submit a change of Email address. The current Email address is shown within the Email address field.
- To change your Email address, click the field that contains your current Email address and enter a new address. If you make a mistake, click on Reset Fields and start over.
- When the address entered is correct, click Change Email Address. Your new Email address is updated in the system.
Change Startup Page
Use this feature to change the opening screen displayed when you enter your Internet Banking session.
- To change the start page, click in the drop-down box and select the start page from the list shown.
- Click Change Start Page to save this change, or click the Reset Fields option to clear any changes.
At any time in your Internet Banking session, you can click the Help button for detailed information about the feature or service you are using. The Online Help facility is context-sensitive and will bring up detailed information about the feature currently displayed on your screen.
Ending Your Internet Banking Session
It is best to click on the Sign Off option at the end of every session. This is not required, but is recommended.